This article provides information on how to capture a syslog from selected STB devices via Orchestrate.
This feature is useful for operators who would like to retrieve syslog from selected STB devices for in-depth troubleshooting.
Setting up logging on a device
- Contact your local Amino customer support agent to enable this feature for your Orchestrate domain. The default service limits per domain are 5 concurrent logging sessions and a 5GB log buffer.
- Ensure that the STB is loaded with a release fulfilling the requirements described in the last session.
- From Device Management > Device List, select the device to work with.
- Configure the settings in the order indicated in the following screenshot and click save to enable device logging. (Click on the "!" mark next to log level or log buffer to understand the options available for those settings if necessary)
Managing syslog taken on a device
- From the Device Management > Device List, select the device to work with.
- Under Actions, click on the download button to get the syslog or the delete button to delete the syslog, as indicated in the screenshot below.
Notes on feature usage
- If the STB is rebooted with logging enabled, please stop and start logging again.
- Please verify whether the device is uploading syslog to Orchestrate.
On the device logging page, refresh the page with F5 and check if the "Last Updated" field value is changing.