Starting with Firmware 25.3.2022.9R, the Setup Wizard application was introduced for the H200 to assist with configuring the device during initial setup. The Setup Wizard automatically launches on the H200 under these circumstances:
- The device is being setup for the first time.
- The device has had a Factory Data Reset performed.
- The device's firmware is upgraded from a version that did not include the Setup Wizard (25.3.2021.X or older) to a version that includes it (25.3.2022.9R and newer).
This article describes the process for automatically completing the Setup Wizard by satisfy the information it requests via related INI settings. This will prevent end users from having to complete the Setup Wizard manually. These settings can be applied via Orchestrate, DHCP-VCI-INI, or USB configuration.
When launched, the Setup Wizard will prompt the user to provide the following information for the device:
- Default Language
- Date/Time from NPT Server or set manually
- Time Zone
After these prompts are satisfied by the user, the H200 will launch the default application configured for the device.
INI's to autocomplete the Setup Wizard
Provide the following INI settings via Orchestrate, DHCP-VCI-INI, or USB configuration:
- default.system_language : value must be a 3 char ISO 639-3 language code (e.g. 'eng', 'spa', 'nld').
- default.datetime.time_zone : value must be in TZ Database Name Format (e.g. "America/New_York")
- ntp.server : value must be a NTP server hostname/IP used for NTP time sync (e.g. "pool.ntp.org 10.0.1.100")
- datetime.ntp_sync : value must be "1"
Once the H200 receives these INI settings via its configuration method, the Setup Wizard will autocomplete and the default application for the device will be launched, not requiring any input from the user to do so.